Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Chapter 7

I loved the title of this chapter, The Simple, Hard Truth About Teaching. It explains teaching. I whole heatedly agree with the idea of this chapter.It is a summary for the most part but is vital and informative for those who don't understand teaching and how hard it can be. I know my students will all be different and they will all learn in different ways. I know that I will not always be able to teach every last one of my students. I do know that I will have to get to know my students and care about them individually in order to create the best environment for learning. I know that I will have to vary my instruction techniques. I know there is no easy answer when it comes to teaching students. I will have my good days and my bad days just like my students. I love the end of the chapter when it talks about how we have to be like the mother that made the gravy for her son. We have to love it and put our whole hearts into it. Anything less and we will fail, we will lose the reason of why we started teaching in the first place. I loved the analogy about how we learn to ride a bike, that we don't study the bike and how it works. We get on the bike and when we fall we get back up. Teaching is the same way, yes the classes we have taken give us ideas and theories but as the teacher I have to get to know my students and find what is best for them. Teaching is not easy but I know it is one of the most important jobs a person can ever do.

1 comment:

Teacherheart said...

You get it. You know it. You understand it. You go, girl! 4 points