Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Morning Meetings

While reading the morning meeting packet I found that I want to do morning meetings. I kept thinking as I read that it is a good way to calm students down and get them ready to learn. I believe that it helps children get their wiggles out. They can then focus on doing the work. I know that it builds life long qualities they need.
I loved that the teachers invited the parents to come and observe morning meetings. It lets them know what their students are doing and gives them the chance to be part of the childrens lives at school.
I love the different parts of the morning meeting the greeting, the sharing and the group activity. The sharing is great for students to talk and learn more about each other. This also teaches them to listen to others and build a community. The group activity does the same thing you are connecting the children in an activity. They learn life skills that will always be useful.

1 comment:

Teacherheart said...

Good reflection on choices concerning morning meeting. You needed also to respond to the differentiation reading. 3 points